Thursday 18 April 2013

P is for Poetry [Sunrise Part II] (A-Z Challenge)

One of my first entries on this blog was a poem called Sunrise. In this entry I have repeated that poem and added to it. It's about a morning on the beach in a place I love. Hope you like it.


Sunrise - a Poem


Triumphant, the sun god rises, blazing light;
A sentinel against the night.
Darkness cowers before his feet,
Fearful of the morn to meet.


Above the lighthouse and in the bay

His radiant warmth will waft the mist away,

Revealing lines of vivid blue,

A brush stroke, swift and clean and new.


In awe I stand upon the sand;

A pilgrim, alone upon this land

Of virgin white, my homage paid,

Awash in preternatural light and shade.


The world's asleep but not for long,

And soon there'll be a mighty throng

Upon the beach and in the town,

Where flesh and din and ice-cream abound.


Now I must leave but long to stay,

I'm ready now to face the day,

When night returns and day is passed

I'll sleep and wait for dawn at last.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great poem! You should share some more, if having any.

    Sorry I've been AWOL I am trying to catch up this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments. Feel free to comment here..