Tuesday 30 April 2013

Z is for ZZzzz! (A-Z Challenge)

At last, we come to the end of the A-Z Challenge. I almost didn't take part, but decided I would have a go after seeing so many people doing it and I haven't been disappointed. There seems to have been a pattern going on. There was a strong start and lots of interest from other bloggers coming to visit. I also went out there and made a big effort to visit other sites. Then there was a bit of a lull, before another surge of effort to make the most of the opportunity. And now, towards the end, I have to admit that I found it hard to keep going at times.

The great thing is that I've met lots of new and interesting people out there in the blogosphere, with many viewpoints and stories to tell. I expect I'll continue to visit them from time to time. Another benefit of this challenge has been the act of blogging every day without fail - getting into the habit and making it part of what I do. I'm also happy that I actually had something to say, whether it was in poetry, a quote or just a few words about wellbeing, which is very important to me.

But now it's the end of 26 days of blogging. Thanks to the A-Z Challenge guys who set the whole thing up and thanks to all the people who took the time to visit. I appreciate it. So now it's time to get some Z's - ZZzzzz! Sorry, that's the best I can do with Z!

Until next year, bye for now!

Andy

2 comments:

  1. The challenge has been fun. I love that so many people participated and there were so many blogs to look at.

    Yay for finishing a-z. :) I too am ready for some much needed z's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, man! I am glad you stuck it out :) As you know, I almost crumbled after Week 1 lol I am really glad I kept with it, though.

    Met so many people, but keeping up with so many blogs was a real challenge. Sadly, the friend I am most behind with is the one who I learned of the Challenge from originally. I think she will be very understanding, and I plan to go back through all the posts I missed.

    Following 20+ blogs during this challenge for the first time was... well, a mistake only in that it overwhelmed me. Had I been able to have posts made in advance it would have been better. A good note to remember next year when the challenge comes around again.

    I'm very grateful for all the people met, though, regardless of the stress and frantic nights of posting — attempting to get my blog entry up before midnight.

    I hope you continue to blog and visit those others you've met! My posting should drop sharply now that all is said and done. Maybe 1-2 posts a week. A main goal will be to focus on my fiction, however, as it's been neglected far too long.

    Good luck to you in your endeavors, whether continued blogging or something new!

    For now go catch those lost ZZZs :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments. Feel free to comment here..